MGR Human Resources Ltd, member of MAP S.Platis Group of Companies, is a leading, broad HR Consulting, Training, Recruitment and Temporary Placements Agency. We are looking to hire a Team Leader – Asylum for the European Union Agency for Asylum to be based in International Protection Agency and SAFI Barracks, Malta.
The successful candidate will work on a secondment basis for the awarded contract for the Provision of Interim Services to the European Union Agency for Asylum (EUAA). EUAA is an EU Regulatory Agency headquartered in Malta whose mandate is to strengthen EU Member States’ practical cooperation on asylum, to support Member States whose asylum systems are under particular pressure and to enhance the implementation of the Common European Asylum System.
- Support the first instance decision-making process by reviewing draft decisions and by providing individual guidance and feedback to the caseworkers.
- Coach the caseworkers on their interview and decision-making skills and help identify their training needs with regards to the asylum procedure
- Report complex cases and challenges faced throughout the asylum determination process to the Quality Control Unit and/or measure coordinator
- Support and provide feedback to EUAA and IPA on the implementation of guidelines, policies, SOPs, templates in relation to the Maltese asylum determination procedure
- Liaise with the IPA’s Quality Control Unit on individual cases or in support of the Measure Coordinator
- Ensure daily, weekly and monthly monitoring of caseworkers’ workload and productivity to ensure progress towards planned targets
- Screen and allocate cases to caseworkers in accordance with their workload
- Provide the Field Coordinator general support towards the implementation of caseworkers’ field activities
- Support the on-boarding of new CWs
- Performs other job-related duties as necessary or as assigned by field coordinator assistant / measure coordinator.
- University degree in law, social science, public administration or similar
- Deep knowledge in European Asylum Law and Case Law of CJEU/ECHR
- Deep knowledge in European Asylum Procedures’ quality standards
- At least one year of experience in conducting asylum interviews and writing well-founded decisions; any additional year of experience will be considered advantageous
- Experience in public administration, national or international organisations
- Leadership skills and experience managing small teams or projects
- Field experience or experience working under pressure by keeping strict deadlines and managing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Very good level of written and spoken English
- Excellent communication abilities and soft skills
- A pro-active and team-motivating approach
- Meticulous, flexible with a can-do approach and attitude to work
- Self-motivation and ability to work under minimum supervision
- Sharp analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
The position falls in hierarchical Category IV and the associated salary is €40,963.92 gross annually in twelve monthly installments.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. Interested applicants should apply for the vacancy no later than Friday 21st of October 2022.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
MGR is an equal opportunities employer.
this job offer is not open for applications