European Schoolnet is looking for a dynamic and experienced professional, interested in education and technology to join the Events Team. The Events Officer (maternity leave cover) will work under the supervision of the Head of Events and will be responsible for full coordination of online events (from A to Z), and potentially contribute to the organisation of onsite events (once it becomes possible). Among other tasks the Events Officer will provide administrative assistance to variety of European projects focusing on innovation in education. This position offers a great opportunity to work in an international environment liaising with colleagues and partners from all over Europe.
The successful candidate will report to the Head of Events with the following tasks:
- Manage the organisation and co-ordination of a broad scope of online and onsite events (when possible) from A to Z.
- Full operational support with regards to budgets, registration, venue liaison, delegate management, compliance and effective online/onsite management of events.
- Research the market of virtual, live and hybrid event management tools, identify pros and cons, and follow up on communication with them.
- Identify the most suitable platform and provide full technical support duringonline events.
- Ensure all events are well attended and delivered in a professional way.
- Follow up after the event, communication with participants, feedback surveys, reports.
- Liaise with external suppliers for any service required, follow up on contractual matters and payments, internal administrative procedures.
- Provide guidance and trainings to the Events Team Trainee.
- Assist the Head of Events in all tasks assigned.
- Assist project teams in coordination of community channels, user support, helpdesk, follow up on website enquiries.
- Support research, selection and editing of online content.
PROFILE AND SKILLS:
- Master’s degree in a relevant field with at least 3 years of full-time work experience in a similar function.
- Proven experience working with videoconferencing tools (MS Teams, Zoom), online platforms (Aventri), Content Management Systems.
- Excellent level of computer literacy (MS Office), proficient knowledge of MS Excel.
- Technological know-how skills.
- Very good writing and communication skills.
- Fluent written and spoken English. Additional languages are an asset.
- A keen eye for details.
- Strong management and organisational skills.
- Ability to learn fast and deliver quality results while respecting deadlines.
- Diplomatic skills to liaise with participants and co-organisers from EU institutions, industry partners, experts, external companies.
- Flexible and adaptable, with a willingness and determination to overcome issues and seek solutions.
- A team player with strong interpersonal and intercultural skills to succeed in an international environment.
ABOUT EUROPEAN SCHOOLNET:
European Schoolnet is the network of 34 Ministries of Education from across Europe, leading educational innovation at European level. As a major international think tank, European Schoolnet operates key European services in education on behalf of member Ministries of Education, the European Commission, and industry partners. European Schoolnet’s activities are divided among three areas of work:
- Providing concrete evidence and data in the area of innovation in education on which to base policy recommendations;
- Supporting schools and teachers in their teaching practices;
- Developing and sustain
- Duration: 7 months’ replacement contract starting as soon as possible.
- Deadline for applications: 7 May 2021 at 17:00 CEST.
- Benefits: salary in line with experience and qualifications, meal vouchers, corporate DKV hospitalisation insurance.
- Location: European Schoolnet, Rue de Treves, 61, Brussels, Belgium.
- Note: applicants must be EU citizens or possess a valid work permit for Belgium.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your CV and motivation letter in English to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org including “Events Officer – Maternity Replacement” in the subject line. The motivation letter should show how your background and interests fit the tasks planned for this position. Please send these documents as one single pdf file.
- Interviews will take place as soon as possible at distance.
- Due to the volume of applications, we regret to be able to only notify pre-selected candidates.
this job offer is not open for applications